FAFSA on the Web is the official site of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®). It is important to note that you will use tax information from the 2019 year when applying for the 2021-2022 college year.
An FSA ID gives you access to the Federal Student Aid’s online system and will serve as your legal signature. Both the student and one parent must each have an FSA ID to complete the FAFSA online. Prepare for your profile ahead of time with this worksheet. Visit https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm to get started with your profile.
When should I apply for financial aid?
- Seniors should complete their FAFSA during their senior year. The application can be completed online at www.fafsa.gov
- The application launches on October 1st. Check the priority date of any potential colleges or specialty schools you are applying to since they each have different deadlines.
- Each senior and one parent must get a secret pin # at www.pin.ed.gov
- Do not share your pin # with anyone. You will continue to use the same pin number for every year you apply for financial aid.
If you need assistance call 1-800-4-FED-AID
If you are not a senior but would like to understand the financial aid process, please visit: www.finaid.org or www.fafsa4caster.ed.gov/. This site has interactive College Cost Projectors, Expected Family Contribution Calculators and Loan Calculators.
Gather information first - make the process go smoothly by gathering these items first: 7 Things You Need Before You Fill Out the FAFSA Form. Follow the conversation and view helpful videos on twitter: https://twitter.com/FAFSA. Other financial aid resources are posted on the readysetgrad.wa.gov website.
Financial Aid Night for all three high schools will be held remotely on October 15th, 2020 from 6:00-7:00 pm. This is a very informative meeting for senior parents and students. All other grade levels are welcome to attend and get a head-start on planning for their students’ post-high school education. Detailed information with a zoom link will be posted as we get closer. Check your Schoology folder frequently.
WASFA – This application for financial aid is for DACA or undocumented students. Please visit the readysetgrad.wa.gov website to determine eligibility, and to access the application. Contact Ms. Nyberg for assistance.
This article may be helpful as you compare and review your financial award letters to see which makes most sense for you.
- 45 Must-Have Resources for Low-Income College Students: https://www.edumed.org/resources/low-income-students/
- Student’s Guide to Financial Aid Online: https://www.edumed.org/financial-aid/
- 3 Reasons You Should Fill Out the FAFSA - No Matter How Rich You Are